Nuclear | London
PD192 | BPV Code, Section XI : Inservice Inspection of Nuclear Power Plant Components
- London: 11-15 June 2018
- Length: 5 days
- CEUs: 3.80
- PDHs: 38.00
After taking this course, you will gain specific insight into how to use Section XI to save millions of dollars in plant operating costs. Covering all aspects of Section XI, this course highlights repair, replacement, modification, and maintenance activities; pressure testing; and the relationship between the Code and regulatory and enforcement requirements.
It addresses many controversial issues facing the nuclear industry and presents a broad spectrum of opinions regarding practical application of Code requirements.Course materials include many published ASME Interpretations that explain how Code requirements can be applied to problems that have confronted other companies. The course also highlights significant changes in the Code requirements in the last ten to fifteen years.
The course is designed to provide an introduction to Section XI for people who are not familiar with it and to give experienced Section XI users an entirely new understanding of some of the confusing and controversial parts of Section XI.
Please click HERE to view the course outline.
You Will Learn To
- Explain in-service inspection requirements for Class 1, 2, and 3 systems, components, and supports, and steel and concrete containment vessels
- Describe requirements for qualification of nondestructive examination personnel and performance of nondestructive examination
- Explain basic requirements for flaw evaluation and acceptance
- Identify Section XI requirements for repair, replacement, modification, maintenance activities, and pressure testing
- Explain how to use recent revisions to Section XI to your advantage
- Describe the relationship of 10CFR50.55a and NRC Regulatory Guides, Bulletins, Generic Letters, and Regulatory Issue Summaries to inservice inspection, nondestructive examination, repair, replacement, and modification
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for utility operating personnel responsible for inservice inspection, nondestructive examination, evaluation, repair, replacement, and modification of nuclear power plants, and for personnel responsible for assessment or third-party inspection, regulation or enforcement. While experience with Section XI or other ASME Codes or Standards is not required, you should have a strong technical background or hands-on experience with Code work.
- Course Type: Public Course
- Course Number: PD192
- Language: English