Piping & Pipeline | London
PD642 | ASME B31.1 Power Piping
- London: 20-24 May
- Length: 4 days
- CEUs: 3.00
- PDHs: 30.00
This course provides an introduction to the ASME B31.1 Power Piping Code. It covers the requirements of B31.1 for design, analysis, materials, fabrication, testing and inspection of process piping systems. The instructor provides insight into how they have evolved and what future changes may be expected.
This course explores the rules for various components including fittings, connections, bends, valves, expansion joints and specialty components. Other topics include dimensions and ratings of components, fluid service requirements for joints, piping flexibility and support, welding, heat treatment, bending and forming, brazing and soldering, assembly, erection, examination and inspection and testing.
Each student will receive a copy of the ASME B31.1 Power Piping Code.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the responsibilities of personnel involved in the design, fabrication, assembly, erection, examination, inspection, and testing of power piping
- Describe the scope and technical requirements of the ASME B31.1 Code
- Apply the quality requirements that are defined in the ASME B31.1 Code
- Explain the principal failure modes of piping components and where to look for them
- Describe the layout and simplified and formal analysis techniques
Please click HERE to view the course outline
Who Should Attend
- Engineers entering the piping design and analysis field
- Practicing piping engineers requiring background on Code compliance and trends in piping design, analysis and fabrication
- Piping fabricators and suppliers wishing to understand the relationship of fabrication and manufacture to the design and construction of piping systems
- QA/QC personnel
Each student must bring his or her own calculator.
- Course Type: Public Course
- Course Number: PD642
- Language: English