MC 135 | Using ASME Codes to meet the EU Pressure Equipment Directive (PED)
- Amsterdam: 31 January-1 February 2019
- Length: 2 days
- CEUs: 1.50
- PDHs: 15.00
This two day master class provides an overview of the EU Pressure Equipment Directive (PED), highlights the changes in the 2014/68/EU version, and identifies specific issues of importance. This is followed by a detailed review of the requirements of the PED and how employing the ASME Codes can satisfy them. As each aspect of the Directive is discussed, examples are provided to illustrate how the Codes meet the PED and how they should be documented to fulfil the Technical Documentation requirements of the PED. Practical demonstrations are provided for the “assessment of hazards and risks”, preparation of PMAs, technical documentation and quality system documentation, to meet the optional quality system requirements.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the requirements and recent changes of the PED and what is required to satisfy these requirements
- Describe the use of ASME Codes for design and manufacture of pressure equipment to comply with the PED • Document PMAs for selected materials
- Prepare technical documentation that describes how the applicable (ESRs) have been met
- Prepare a quality system documentation appropriate for assessment using ASME PED Guide Modules E, D, H, H1
To download the course brochure, please click HERE .
Who Should Attend
This master class is aimed at engineers associated with the design, manufacture and inspection of all types of pressure equipment who wish to use ASME Codes as a basis of design. This may be due to a wish to standardise products to one Code, familiarity with ASME Codes or customer preference.
- Course Type: Master Class
- Order Number: MC135
- Language: English