Pressure Equipment | Copenhagen
PD716 – BPV Code, Section I: Power Boilers
- Copenhagen: 24-26 June 2019
- Length: 3 days
- CEUs: 2.30
- PDHs: 23.00
ASME codes and standards are the most widely used in the world for the design, operation, maintenance, and repair of power boilers, pressure vessels and nuclear facilities.
This course will provide the participant with a detailed knowledge of the responsibilities of personnel involved in the manufacturing, fabrication and examination of new power boiler plant components and new construction activity as defined by Section I of the ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC).
The objective of the course is to enhance your knowledge and understanding of the requirements for design and construction of power boilers in accordance with Section I of the ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code.
Students will receive the most recent edition of the B&PVC, Section I: Rules for Construction of Power Boilers.
You Will Learn To
– Describe the purpose of the Sections of the ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code
– Explain the rules and requirements in Section I for the design and construction of power boilers
– Describe the use of Section II Materials and their allowable stresses
– Explain the basic rules for fabrication of power boilers
– Describe be the process for quality control and certification in Section I
– Identify the additional requirements that should be specified to meet the PED when designing and manufacturing boiler pressure parts to ASME I
– Describe the proposed modernization of ASME I for a plant operating at elevated temperature and cyclic loading
Please click HERE to view the course outline.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for engineers, managers and quality personnel who are involved in manufacturing, fabrication and examination of components or parts, for power boilers or the construction of a power boiler built to the requirements of U.S. Codes & Standards. It is also valuable for those who are or will be directly or indirectly involved in the design, analysis, construction, maintenance or operation of a power boiler.
- Course Type: Public Course
- Course Number: PD716
- Language: English