Pressure Equipment | Copenhagen
PD786 – Inspection, Repairs and Alterations of Pressure Equipment
- Copenhagen: 31 January – 1 February 2019
- Length: 2 days
- CEUs: 1.50
- PDHs: 15.00
Save up to €870 by enrolling in PD787, a combo course consisting of this course (PD786) and PD785, ASME BPV Code, Section VIII, Division 1: Construction of Pressure Vessels.
This course is a comprehensive introduction to the requirements of various codes and standards, regarding inspection, repairs and alterations of pressure equipment, and in particular, pressure vessels. The requirements of the National Board Inspection Code and the API-510 will be covered in detail. A brief introduction to API-579, Fitness-for-Service will also be included. Simple flaw evaluation procedures will be evaluated. The activities of ASME’s Post Construction Committee will be explained and documents published by this Committee will be discussed.
You Will Learn To:
- Describe the latest developments in the rapidly advancing field of pressure equipment inspection and repairs
- Identify the post-construction Codes and Standards and the interrelation of various documents
- Explain the responsibilities of the users, manufacturers, repair organizations, regulatory agencies and authorized inspectors
- Explain how to obtain a National Board stamp
- Identify selected, detailed requirements of the API 510
- Identify and provide examples of repairs, alterations and the documentation requirements for each
- Explain Risk-based Inspection principles
- Apply analysis methodologies and acceptance criteria based on API 579/ FFS-1 Fitness for Service
- Provide examples demonstrating the application of selected rules and requirements covering inspection planning and Fitness-for-Service
Who Should Attend
Individuals from users, manufacturers, repair organizations, inspection agencies and other organizations involved with maintenance and repair of pressure equipment. This course is intended for beginners, as well as experienced personnel wishing to update their knowledge.
- Course Type: Public Course
- Course Number: PD786
- Language: English
Hugo Julien, P.Eng.,
began his career, in the field of pressure equipment and storage tanks, as Designer and Quality Manager at HC Vidal Ltd. (1998 to 2002). He then worked as Quality Systems Manager at Xebec, Inc. (2002 to 2007). Since 2007, he has been the Mechanical Integrity Advisor at GCM Consultants. An active ASME/CSA member, he is also a certified API 510, API 570, API 571, and CSA W178.2 Level II (CSA B31.3, ASME W47.1/W59, and CSA Z662) inspector.