Pressure Equipment | Milan
PD716 – ASME BPV Code, Section I: Rules for Construction of Power Boilers
- Milan: 18-20 March 2019
- Length: 3 days
- CEUs: 2.30
- PDHs: 23.00
ASME codes and standards are the most widely used in the world for the design, operation, maintenance, and repair of power boilers, pressure vessels and nuclear facilities.
This course will provide the participant with a detailed knowledge of the responsibilities of personnel involved in the manufacturing, fabrication and examination of new power boiler plant components and new construction activity as defined by ASME BPV Code, Section I.
Participants will receive the most recent edition of ASME BPV Code, Section I: Rules for Construction of Power Boilers.
You Will Learn To
- Describe the purpose of the Sections of the ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code
- Explain the rules and requirements in Section I for the design and construction of power boilers, as well as the basic rules for the fabrication of power boilers
- Describe the use of Section II Materials and their allowable stresses
- Explain the basic rules for fabrication of power boilers
- Illustrate the process for quality control and certification in Section I
- Identify the additional requirements that should be specified to meet the PED when designing and manufacturing boiler pressure parts to ASME I
- Describe the proposed modernization of ASME BPV Code, Section I for a plant operating at elevated temperature and cyclic loading
Please click HERE to view the course outline.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for engineers, managers and quality personnel who are involved in manufacturing, fabrication and examination of components or parts for power boilers or the construction of a power boiler built to meet the requirements of U.S. Codes & Standards. It is also valuable for those directly or indirectly involved in the design, analysis, construction, maintenance or operation of power boilers.
- Course Type: Public Course
- Course Number: PD716
- Language: English